A full CV is available here.
I Gotta Be Me
A 9 part ‘gonzo rockumentary’ about a Rat Pack tribute act. Filmed in Cyprus, blending ex-pat performers with the fictional character Paul Shah. The series was created with Phaldut Sharma and narrated by Steve McFadden.
- Winner: Best Series & Best Comedy Performance – Dublin WebFest
- Winner: Best Series – UK WebFest
- Nominee: Best of British – Raindance
A group of activists are arrested for protesting outside Parliament. Inspired by the ‘picnic protests’, in which campaigners held blank placards, the show was produced by The Factory theatre company at Southwark Playhouse. Directed by Alex Hassell.
‘an angry, important play’ The Spectator
‘some of the best writing I’ve seen’ A Younger Theatre
A very dark comedy about comedy. A comedian returns to the stage after a series of offensive tweets.
Underbelly, Edinburgh Festival. Directed by Jessica Edwards.
‘a scabrous, dark comedy’ The Metro
‘compellingly provocative’ The Scotsman
You Were After Poetry
One-act comedy about a couple’s break up and our fetish for romantic fantasy.
Produced at the Hightide Festival, Suffolk and published in ‘Hightide: The Collection’ by Oberon. Directed by Adam Barnard.
Steven has written and produced a number of full length and short plays for festivals. These include:
- After Revolution – Burning Man Festival
- Bugs – Wilderness Festival
- Radio Gaga – A series of sound plays for Wilderness Festival
- Holes – Part of The Commissioners project, also at Latitude Festival
- Dramatic Interruptions – Short plays for Wilderness Festival
- Secrets/The Gift/Assistance – Written for The Factory, performed at Hampstead Theatre, Latitude, Secret Garden Party and the Electricity Showrooms